In the Vachnamrut, it is stated that in Akshardham, Lord Swaminarayan is seated on a divine throne (Sinhasan – Gadi). When Lord Swaminarayan came onto this earth, He was given initiation as a saint by Shree Ramanand Swami, and then subsequently was pronounced the leader of the religion. At the occassion when Lord Swaminarayan first announced His true eternal and divine name – Swaminarayan, He also said that the throne that He was sitting on would now be called Shree Swaminarayan Gadi.
When Lord Swaminarayan handed the relms of the entire religion to Sadguru Shree Gopalanand Swamibapa, Lord Swaminarayan also entrusted this supreme Gadi to him, and made Shree Gopalanand Swamibapa it’s Acharya (sovereign). This Gadi was then concealed, but spiritually handed down from Sadguru Shree Gopalanand Swamibapa, to Sadguru Shree Nirgundasji Swamibapa, to Sadguru Shree Ishwarcharandasji Swamibapa. Lord Swaminarayan told Shree Gopalanand Swamibapa that this Supreme Gadi would remain concealed and the fourth Acharya in Gopalanand Swamibapa’s supreme spiritual lineage would be the one who would re-establish it.
In 1971 when Swamibapa sat in continuous meditation for 61 days, Lord Swaminarayan Himself told Swamibapa that it was now time to personify His spiritual throne, Shree Swaminarayan Gadi, which had been concealed for so many years. Lord Swaminarayan said
- Shree Swaminarayan Gadi is the supreme, eternal Gadi.
- Only at Shree Swaminarayan Gadi, can my true and divine principles be attained and understood.
- I will preside upon this Gadi forever.
- The home of Shree Swaminarayan Gadi is Shree Swaminarayan Mandir, Maninagar.
- I will be ever present upon this earth through the Acharyas of this supreme eternal Gadi.
- Only a disciple of this Gadi will be able to achieve my eternal bliss, Atyantik Moksha.
- The Gadi that I am seated upon in my divine abode Akshardham, is the same Gadi that Jeevanpran Swamibapa has re-established upon the earth and given a physical embodiment.
- Shree Muktajeevan Swamibapa has personified my ever-glorious Shree Swaminarayan Gadi by my express command.